Kindergarten Registration for Residents (current year ~ 2012-13)
Berkley School District offers Young 5s and all day free kindergarten. Resident registration for the current year takes place at the Administrative Offices ~ Avery Center, 14700 W. Lincoln, Oak Park. Please call Gina Shifman at 248.837.8016 for more information and to schedule an appointment.
Kindergarten Registration for Residents (next year ~ 2013-14)
Kindergarten student registration takes place at the home school building for the 2013-14 school year. Effective April 1, resident registration takes place at the Administrative Offices ~ Avery Center, 14700 W. Lincoln, Oak Park. Please call Gina Shifman at 248.837.8016 for more information and to schedule an appointment.
Required documentation for Registration:
- Original birth certificate (with raised seal) ~ child must be 5 on or before November 1
- Photo ID (driver’s license)
- Proof of residency (property deed and tax statement OR lease and statement of landlord, auto insurance policy, 2 different current utility bills)
- Immunization history
- Vision test
2013-2014 Schools of Choice
The Berkley Board of Education approved limited openings for Schools of Choice applicants in Kindergarten through the 5th grade for the 2013-2014 school year for Oakland County residents living outside of the Berkley School District. The application period for the 2013-2014 school year is February 25-March 15, 2013. The application will be available online February 25, 2013, and must be returned to the Superintendent’s office no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 15, 2013. (2012-2013 Schools of Choice is closed.)
2013-2014 Kindergarten Round-Up
Kindergarten Round Up is an opportunity for the children to visit with the Kindergarten teachers in the classrooms while parents review the curriculum and student expectations with the principal. After registration in February, Kindergarten Round Up will occur for each building in May 2013. You will be notified of the exact dates and times for your school after registration.
Kindergarten Age Requirements
- for the 2012-13 school year, the kindergarten start cutoff date is December 1
- for the 2013-14 school year, the kindergarten start cutoff date is November 1
- for the 2014-15 school year, the kindergarten start cutoff date is October 1
- for the 2015-16 and thereafter, the kindergarten start cutoff date is September 1