BERKLEY ATHLETICS: HOME OF THE BEARS
ATHLETIC OFFICE: 248-837-8154
Click HERE for all BHS Sports Schedules
SPRING SPORTS OFFERED
The following sports will be offered for the spring season: baseball, softball, girls tennis, track & field, girls soccer, and boys golf.
REGISTRATION MEETING AND DATES
Registration: Held in the Athletic office Thursday, March 6 and Friday, March 7 from 3:00-4:00.
We will monitor student academic growth throughout the year to ensure that they are making satisfactory progress. Though these are the absolute minimum requirements for eligibility, it is our hope that our students will strive to not only meet, but to exceed them.
- High School Student-Athletes may only fail one (1) of their six (6) classes during the semester immediately prior to eligibility being established.
- Middle School Student-Athletes may only fail one (1) of their six (7) classes during the semester immediately prior to eligibility being established.
- Student-Athletes at all levels (high school and middle school) must maintain an overall GPA of 1.50 or higher during the semester immediately prior to eligibility being established.
- Athletic eligibility will be established by semester grades. This means that grades reported in January (at the end of the 1st Semester) apply for the 2nd Semester and those in June (at the end of the 2nd Semester) apply for the 1st Semester in the following year.
All athletes must have a sports physical dated on or after April 15, 2013 in order to register for the 2013-2014 sports season. MHSAA Physical Exam forms can be found in the "Forms" folder or picked up in the high school or middle school office, or in the high school Athletic office. Sports Physicals can be performed at one of the following facilities:
Be Well Medical Center
(Cost: $20 cash)
Michigan Physicians Group (formerly the Berkley clinic)
REGISTRATION PROCESS (INCOMPLETE PACKETS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED)
The following documentation must be completed, signed and dated, and turned in at the time of registration. Forms can found in the "Forms" folder below and downloaded or picked up in the high school or middle school office or high school Athletic office.
- Athletic Resource Fee and Letter of Understanding
- Athletic Resource Fee payment (NO CASH. Please make check or money order payable to Berkley School District.)
- Sports physical dated on or after April 15, 2013
- MHSAA Physical and Medical History form
Note: If your child has already submitted a physical this year, they must submit another MHSAA Physical and Medical History form with only the "Emergency Information" and "Medical Treatment Consent" sections completed.
If a student does not make a team, the Athletic Resource Fee
can be picked up in the Athletic office.
Varsity Coach - Mr. Whinham - firstname.lastname@example.org
JV Coach - Mr. Bush - email@example.com
Freshman Coach - Mr. Gringorten - firstname.lastname@example.org
Varsity Coach - Ms. Colligan - email@example.com
JV Coach - Ms. Graveline - firstname.lastname@example.org
Freshman Coach - Ms. Sarris - email@example.com
Varsity Coach - Mr. Waldman - firstname.lastname@example.org
JV Coach - Ms. Ciaravino - email@example.com
Track & Field
Varsity Coach - Mr. Hale - firstname.lastname@example.org
Varsity Coach - Mr. Brzezinski - email@example.com
Varsity Coach - Mr. Baltes - firstname.lastname@example.org
JV Coach - Mr. Arney - email@example.com
- SEE ATHLETIC BOOSTER LINK BELOW FOR DETAILS ABOUT THE ANNUAL TIN CAN AUCTION -