BERKLEY ATHLETICS: HOME OF THE BEARS
ATHLETIC OFFICE: 248-837-8154
Click HERE for all BHS Sports Schedules
WINTER SPORTS OFFERED
The following sports will be offered for the winter season: boys basketball, girls basketball, coed bowling, competitive cheerleading, ice hockey, boys swimming and diving, and wrestling.
Starting with the 2nd Semester of the 2013-2014 school year, based upon grades earned by students during the 1st Semester of the 2013-2014 school year:
- High School Student-Athletes may only fail one (1) of their six (6) classes during the semester immediately prior to eligibility being established.
- Middle School Student-Athletes may only fail one (1) of their six (7) classes during the semester immediately prior to eligibility being established.
- Student-Athletes at all levels (high school and middle school) must maintain an overall GPA of 1.50 or higher during the semester immediately prior to eligibility being established.
- Athletic eligibility will be established by semester grades. This means that grades reported in January (at the end of the 1st Semester) apply for the 2nd Semester and those in June (at the end of the 2nd Semester) apply for the 1st Semester in the following year.
As always, we will monitor student academic growth throughout the year to ensure that they are making satisfactory progress. Though these are the absolute minimum requirements for eligibility, it is my hope that our students will strive to not only meet, but to exceed them.
- Ice Hockey: Friday, November 1, 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Athletic office
- All other winter sports: Thursday and Friday, November 7 and 8, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m., Athletic office
The following documentation must be completed, signed and dated, and turned in at the time of registration. Incomplete packets will not be accepted and Eligibility Cards will not be issued for tryouts. Forms can be downloaded from the links below or picked up in the high school or middle school office or high school Athletic office.
- Athletic Resource Fee and Letter of Understanding
- Athletic Resource Fee payment (NO CASH. Please make check or money order payable to Berkley School District.)
- Sports physical dated on or after April 15, 2013
- MHSAA Physical and Medical History form (If a current physical is on file in the Athletic Department, the "Emergency Information" and "Medical Treatment Consent" portions of the physical form must still be submitted in order to try out.)
If a student does not make a team, the Athletic Resource Fee
can be picked up in the Athletic office.
- All athletes must have a sports physical dated on or after April 15, 2013 in order to register for the 2013-2014 sports season.
- MHSAA Physical Exam forms can be downloaded from the links below or picked up in the high school or middle school office or in the high school Athletic office.
- Sports Physicals can be performed at one of the following facilities:
Be Well Medical Center
1964 W. 11 Mile Rd.
Berkley, MI 48072
(Cost: $20 cash)
Michigan Physicians Group (formerly the Berkley clinic)
2905 W. 12 Mile Rd. (across from the Berkley Post Office)
Berkley, MI 48072
(Cost: $25 cash, check or charge by apointment only)
Children's Health Services
673 Martin Luther King Blvd.
(Cost: $5 for Oakland County Residents up to age 18 by appointment only)
TRYOUT DATES AND COACH INFORMATION
November 18, Varsity, west gym, 3:15 - 5:15; JV, west gym, 5:15 - 7:15; Freshman, east gym, 3:15 - 5:15
November 19, Varsity, west gym, 3:15 - 5:15; JV, west gym, 5:15 - 7:15; Freshman, east gym, 4:45 - 6:45
November 20, Varsity, west gym, 3:15 - 5:15; JV, west gym, 5:15 - 7:15; Freshman, east gym, 3:15 - 5:00
Coach McGlown - email@example.com
November 11, AMS gym, Varsity 5:30 - 7:15; JV and Freshman 7:15 - 8:45
November 12, BHS west gym, Varsity 3:30 - 5:15; JV 5:15 - 7:00; Freshman 7:00 - 8:45
November 13, BHS west gym, Varsity 3:30 - 5:15; JV 5:15 - 7:00; Freshman 7:00 - 8:45
Coach Gruppen - firstname.lastname@example.org
Coed Bowling: November 18, Hartfield Lanes, 4:00
Coach Arney - email@example.com
Competitive Cheer: November 11-13, east gym, 5:30 - 8:00
Coach Inthavong - firstname.lastname@example.org
November 4, Berkley Ice Arena, 5:30
November 5, Berkley Ice Arena, 3:30
Coach Fleming - email@example.com
Boys Swimming and Diving: November 25, after school
Coach Jenzen - firstname.lastname@example.org
Wrestling: November 18, after school
Coach Roche - email@example.com
PLEASE CHECK BACK PERIODICALLY FOR UPDATES
| Athletic Boosters - ANNUAL TIN CAN AUCTION - SEE ATHLETIC BOOSTER LINK BELOW FOR DETAILS
The mission of the Berkley Athletic Boosters is to assist the student-athletes of Berkley High School by making sure they have all the things they need in order to be successful on the athletic field of play.