We are excited to welcome your family to Building Blocks!
Berkley Building Blocks infant, toddler and preschool programs are the ground floor of the award-winning Berkley Schools. Our children are our future, and we believe it is our job as teachers to nurture each child as they grow, learn and develop.
Which childcare program is right for you?
- School Year: a schedule for students attending the full day program, following the Berkley School District Teachers Calendar from September - June.
- Year Round: a schedule for students attending the full day program, following the Year Round Calendar from July - June.
- Morning Preschool: a schedule for students attending the half-day program, following the Berkley School District Teachers Calendar from September-June.
- 9 Hour schedule: 7 am- 4 pm, or 8 am - 5 pm
- 11 Hour schedule: 7 am - 6 pm
- Half-day program classrooms meet 8:30 am-11:30 am on scheduled days.
Classroom age requirements:
- Infant classrooms: 6 weeks - 1 year olds
- Young Toddler classrooms: 1 year olds - 2 year olds
- Older Toddler classrooms: 2 year olds - 3 year olds (non-potty trained)
- Preschool classrooms: 3 year olds - 5 year olds (fully potty trained)
- Sunshine Club (morning preschool): 2 1/2 year olds - 4 year olds(fully potty trained)
- Ready-K (morning preschool): 4 year olds - 5 year olds
Infant room students follow a 5 day a week schedule. Young Toddler, Older Toddler and Preschool classroom students have an option to attend 2 days a week up to 5 days a week. Morning Preschool Sunshine Club meets Tuesday and Thursdays, Ready K meets Monday, Wednesday and Fridays.
Steps to Register:
- Email Vickie Roy or call 248-837-8900 to check availability
- Print or save the enrollment form listed below. Submit completed forms to Vickie Roy or Tyndall (14501 Talbot, Oak Park, MI 48237)
- Once payment is received, student is assigned to a classroom
Admission is on a first served basis. Upon receiving payment, a two day's notice is required before care will begin. When maximum enrollments are reached in the Building Blocks programs, names will be placed on a waiting list for the current school year. Enrollments are limited to the number for which the center is licensed.
Upon notification of being accepted into the full day Childcare Building Blocks program, please complete the enrollment forms. Once Morning Preschool programs (Sunshine Club and Ready K) are filled we will begin a wait list, at which time you will be notified when availability occurs. Once forms are completed you can use the online application or print and return them along with the fees to the Tyndall Center Office, 14501 Talbot, Oak Park, MI 48237.
For questions please contact Vickie Roy at 248-837-8900, or email Vickie Roy.
2018-2019 School Year Application
Applications are available to be filled out online and then use the "Submit" button at the end to send the completed forms to us, or save to your device and email to Vickie Roy.
Program Tuition Fees
During building renovation at Avery Center the Administration offices will be temporarily located at Stantec, 2338 Coolidge Hwy, Suite 200, Berkley, MI 48072. From April 2018 through December 2018 the tuition payments are to be made or mailed to: Stantec, Berkley School District,2338 Coolidge Hwy, Suite 200, Berkley, MI 48072 or left in the after-hours Drop Box located outside the Tyndall Center Office entrance.
We accept payments with Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, checks or money orders made payable to Berkley School District, or cash. Contact Accounts Receivable at 248-837-8439 to make a charge card payment or with any questions regarding your account.