Packet Pick-up Information
Dear Norup Families,
In an effort to be more "green" and save paper, the Berkley School District uses an annual on online back-to-school packet. You may complete the online process through Family Access from July 26th through August 31st, and the process should take twenty to thirty minutes. This process must be finalized prior to receiving schedules, locker assignments, teacher assignments and welcome letters on "Packet Pick-Up Day". Other important information, including procedures, our calendar, drop-off and attendance information can be found on our website. It is essential that you familiarize yourself with this important information. If you need a hard copy of any school documents or access to a computer to complete the online process, please call or visit the Board Office office. Thank you for supporting our efforts to help the environment!
MYP Packet Pick-Up
9:30-11:00 8th Grade
1:00-2:30 7th Grade
2:30-4:00 6th Grade
PYP Packet Pick-Up
Berkley Instrumental Boosters Information
Berkley Orchestra Association Information
Box Tops for Education and Labels for Education
Norup International School participates in Box Tops for Education and Labels for Education. By saving and turning in Box Tops For Education and labels from certain brand name foods, you can help Norup's PTA raise money for our students. Simply cut out your Box Tops coupons and labels and turn them into the container placed just inside Norup's main entrance. Your child may also turn them in to his or her teacher/classroom envelop. See the links on this page for additional information. Thank you for your support!
Norup International Dress Code
NIS encourages students to dress in a manner which will allow the most individual freedom and comfort while still maintaining a businesslike atmosphere in which to work and learn. The following dress code regulations are for school and school related activities (including school dances):
- Shorts and skirts must be appropriate in length and cover the body while standing or sitting. When standing, shorts/skirts must cover one half (1/2) of the thigh.
- No bare midriffs or bare backs.
- Cleavage or undergarments should not be exposed.
- Leggings, yoga pants and other form fitting pants are acceptable only if worn under a skirt, dress or long shirt that covers the bottom by 3 inches or more.
- No apparel considered a distraction in the classroom.
- No hats or bandanas; head apparel worn for medical or religious purposes are allowed.
- No wearing apparel advertising or mentioning controlled substances (including drugs and alcohol), or containing inappropriate language.
- No wearing of low riding pants/jeans substantially below the waist.
- Tank top straps should be at least 1 ½ inches wide and should not be too low in the front. Spaghetti straps and halter tops are prohibited.
- For safety reasons, appropriate shoes should be worn on the playground and during physical education classes. For the playground, shoes must have closed toes and heels. PE classes require clean tennis shoes with a non-marking sole.
Drop-off and Building Entry Information
Early Dismissal Procedures
In order to limit the disruption of instructional time, Norup International has implemented a procedure for students who need to be dismissed early or who need to leave school in the middle of the day. This will prevent phone calls to classrooms, which are highly disruptive to the learning process.
In the event that your child needs to leave school early on a given day, please notify the office that morning, by 8:30 a.m. You may notify us by using a "Student Pass for Early Dismissal", or by simply writing a note. Phone calls to the main line or attendance line are also acceptable. Please be sure to include your child's name, the teacher's name, the reason for the early dismissal, and the time at which your child should be in the office. This way, the student will simply be dismissed from class at the appropriate time, without a disruptive phone call being made to the teacher.
Thank you for your cooperation and support with our efforts to preserve instructional time.
Fun Run Information and Forms
The Norup PTA is excited to announce that the annual Norup International Fun Run will take place at 1:30 pm on Friday October 20, 2017. Click on the documents below for printable forms you will need for the Fun Run. Please be sure to fill out the applicable forms and send them to school by the dates listed on the documents. For questions regarding the Fun Run, please contact Jenny Maisel at email@example.com, 248-613-9047, or Marie Dereniewski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate to the Norup Fun Run!
Norup Fun Run T-Shirt Order Form
Important Information (attendance, bell schedule, etc.)
Map of Norup International
MYP Enrichment Club
Norup Volunteer Network
Picture Day Ordering and Information
Kaiser Studio - 248-619-9119.
This year Kaiser Studio is offering two (2) options for ordering school pictures. Option one is to print the form located below, send into school on picture day to pay by cash or check. Option two is to pre-order and pre-pay online using a credit card. Once on the website, click on the "Prepay Order" tab and then click on "Prepay Order". Use the School ID Code NORUP05. The option to pre-order will be available for two business days after Picture Day.
Room Parent Form
Student Code of Conduct
Traffic at Norup
Given the number of students who attend Norup International, there is a significant amount of traffic at drop-off and pick-up times. It is crucial that drivers use caution to ensure the safety of our students. Here is how you can help:
1. Obey all traffic laws and parking signage.
2. When dropping off children, have them exit from the passenger side of your vehicle, on the side of the street closest to the school building. It is completely unsafe to have students exit away from the curb or on the wrong side of the street.
3. Once your child has exited the vehicle, please pull away from the curb/parking lot in a timely manner so that others may drop off their children.
4. Pull as far forward as possible when dropping off students in the front circular drive, to create sufficient space.
5. Turn right only, when exiting from the front circular drive.
6. Please use a single file lane when entering or exiting the parking lot to prevent anyone from walking in front of a vehicle that may move.
7. Walk or car pool whenever possible to help limit the amount of traffic.
8. If you must drive to school, park or drop off students a block or so away, and walk the rest of the way, to help limit the amount of traffic near the school.
9. If your children walk, make sure that they only cross the street at the corners where there is a crossing guard.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation to keep OUR children safe!