Online Learning Resources
This website will be dedicated to the learning, curriculum and enrichment resources you may need as a family. Links to District resources, tech FAQs and more will be added to this website as needed.
If you have suggestions for this page or a video request, please email Jessica Stilger, Director of Communications.
Continuity of Learning Plan
- Berkley Schools Continuity of Learning Plan
- Approval Letter from Oakland Schools
- GSRP Continuity of Learning Plan
Learning Expectations Grades K-12
To view the minimum expectations for all grades, please visit our Weekly Schedule for Student Engagement file.
To log into Google Classroom, your child should use their Berkley Schools email and password.
- Parents Ultimate Guide to Google Classroom
- Guardian Summaries for Google Classroom (if enabled by teacher and parent)
- Google Classroom Cheat Sheet for Students (helpful for parent use alongside student)
Featured Google Classroom Video
View the video below to see tips on navigating Google Classroom with your child as well as how to locate all assignments quickly.
Click on the expandable menus below for access to educational resources to help your child with online learning.
DreamBox (Math) with School Codes - Supplements Curriculum
- Examples of the types of experiences students will encounter
- Daily webinars to support parents
- Examples of the reports available in the Parent Dashboard
One of the tools frequently used in DreamBox is a Rekenrek. If you are not familiar with this tool, the videos below are a helpful reference.
Building Specific DreamBox Websites
Lexia (Literacy) - Supplements Curriculum
High School Resources from BHS
Berkley High School counselors created a comprehensive website with information about grading, office hours, counseling resources and more.
Visit the BHS COVID-19 Resources webpage to see more details.
All Subjects Enrichment
Science & Social Studies Enrichment
Click on the expandable menus below to find links to online enrichment resources for your children and family to enjoy.
Movement & Mindfulness
- Go Noodle
- Mindfulness Moments
- The Wayne State University Center for Health and Community Impact is committed to gathering and distributing resources that focus on healthy eating and physical activity in order to make it easier for families to share with their children. Check out their Facebook page to see daily healthy eating and physical activity tips.
Online Video Chatting Services
Author Read-Alouds & Drawing
Local Enrichment Resources
- #PlayonthePorch on Twitter. The Twitter community is hosting a daily performance of a single song every day for the world to play on their porch. Many Berkley staff members and students have participated.
- Detroit Zoo Facebook Page - The Zoo posts daily doses of Vitamin Z including live videos, storytime and photos
- Detroit Public Television At-Home Learning Programming for all ages