Join the PTA!
Join the PTA and pay your dues online! Use the link below to conveniently pay with your credit card or debit card. Paying by cash or check is still an option, but please consider taking advantage of the convenient online payment option. Thank you for supporting the Angell PTA!
Parent volunteers are always welcome for events at any commitment level.
Contact PTA President Caitlyn Thrasher for further details.
Angell 2020-2021 PTA Committee Information
Angell 2020-2021 PTA Committee Information
The Angell Elementary School PTA is supported by membership fees, donations & fundraisers for all PTA sponsored programs and activities. Being a part of the PTA is the best way to have input and insight into educational programs, policies and issues that will affect your child now and in the future.
We meet the first Tuesday of each month (with a few exceptions) at 7pm in the Angell Media Center. We welcome new ideas and motivated people to make those ideas come to life! We fund a variety of projects at Angell including all assemblies, teacher classroom stipends, media center purchases and 5th grade camp stipends. We also fund fun family social events like Art Night, Skate Night, Reading Night and more. Our Fun Run is the fundraising base for the PTA and is held in October.
It takes a village to get the job done. We have a group of fun and dedicated volunteers to keep the wheels moving. The following is a list of committees with chair contact information. Please contact the chair if you would like to become involved with a committee. We have a few OPEN chairs this year. Can you help??
The PTA sponsors several school wide assemblies. Chair: Jayne Damron
Held three times per year in the media center. Volunteers are needed to help set up, clean up and help students pick out books for their wish list. Chair: Debb Carlson
This is an easy way to earn money for our school. Look for Box Tops on various grocery items. Cut them out or scan your receipt to earn money for our school. Chair: Amy Lister
Caring and Sharing
This program is a Berkley School District wide fundraiser and food drive held in November and December. Schools collect canned goods, breakfast items and other non-perishables. Chair: Jess Worrall
A directory is provided with each PTA membership. This chair designs the content, organizes the data and works with the publisher. Chair: Scott Sehi
A “welcome back to school” party held on the playground every September. Chairs: Jess Worrall
A school wide event held in June. This chair will help Mr. Price (gym teacher) purchase items needed for Field Day activities, coordinate a volunteer sign up and helps set up and monitor the event. Chair: Tara Kleber.
Each February, the school district recognizes one teacher, support person and PTA volunteer of the year from all buildings. The PTA donates a basket to raffle. Chair: Kathleen Hayden
The fundraising base of the PTA held in the fall! Students seek out donations from family and friends. They then run around the school together with their classmates and teachers. It’s a highly anticipated event for the entire Angell community. Chairs: Heather Schneider and Angela Allen.
The Michigan Green Schools Program encourages public and private schools to participate in environmentally friendly and energy savings activities. This chair fills out an online Green Schools application form in January of each year. Chair: Megan Barry.
Ice Cream Social
Held in the spring, Ice Cream Social is a time for families to get together one last time before summer. Carnival games and food are available for purchase. Each classroom is responsible for putting together a themed basket to be raffled off. Chair: Rebecca Buckley
Help keep Angell looking great! Fall and Spring clean ups are held on the grounds around Angell. Chair: Angell Dads Club
This position receives membership applications, processes payments to the Michigan PTA and maintains a database. Chair: Chris DeGuzman
Parent Teacher Conference meals
One way that the PTA gives back to the teachers at Angell is by providing them a meal during Parent/Teacher Conferences. Chair: Sam Keller
This position helps coordinate the traditional school pictures in the fall and the “Fun Picture Day” in the spring. Chair: Kelly Johnson
Held monthly throughout the school year, this chair reaches out to various restaurants in the area to host families and donate a portion of the proceeds back to the PTA. Chair: Natalie Price
Room Parent Coordinator
This position coordinates the room parents at Angell by holding an informational meeting in the fall and sending out various reminders throughout the year. Chair: Katy Fasl
Every spring this position contacts staff to update their lists of “back to school supplies”. Kits are ordered in the spring and delivered before the start of school. Chair: Nicole Antes.
This position coordinates the sale of clothing and other items with the Angell logo. This also includes the classroom shirts used for field trips. Chair: Michelle Hoerner
Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week
One week in May Angell PTA honors the teachers and staff at Angell. This chair helps coordinate a PTA sponsored meal and sets up a volunteer sign up to stock the lounge with snacks. Chairs: Erin Thomas and Amy Lister
Trunk or Treat
This free event is held in October in the Angell parking lot. Families or groups sign up to decorate their trunk with a Halloween theme. Volunteers help hand out cider and donuts, deliver candy, set up and clean up. Chair: Ashley Gosselin
We look forward to seeing you at a meeting this year. Welcome to Angell!
Become a Room Parent!
If you are interested in becoming an Angell Room Parent, please complete this form.
Angell Elementary Room Parents 2020/21
The goal of the Angell Room Parent program is to support the classroom teachers by assisting in the planning, organization and implementation of classroom activities and PTA sponsored events.
- Communicate with parents about upcoming PTA events
- Plan and assist with class parties
- Coordinate classroom volunteers
- Preparation of classroom materials
- Help with special activities and field trips (as able)
- At least one room parent should attend PTA meetings throughout the year to stay informed of events and activities and share the information with the parents
- Set up an initial meeting with your child’s teacher to discuss the needs of the classroom and how best to organize activities
- Collect classroom money for parties & projects
--It is suggested that room parents collect $15-20 per student in September/October. Please refrain from collecting throughout the year. These funds are used for:
**Supplies and crafts for the parties ($2/each child x 4 parties)
**Class basket for the ICE CREAM SOCIAL ($3/each child)
**Teacher Appreciation ($2/child)
**Teacher Gift at the end of the year ($2/child)
Money that is collected will be held in a classroom account. Room Parents purchase items out of pocket and submit a reimbursement form. Check request forms are on the Angell website under the “PTA” section. Attach receipts! Plan on a 2 week turnaround from the time receipts are provided for checks to be distributed.
- Attend Curriculum Night and/or email classroom families introducing yourself
- Watch for PTA plans during Teacher Appreciation Week and make a plan to recognize your teacher
- Prepare a class gift basket to be raffled off at the Ice Cream Social in May (a theme will be assigned to your class in early spring). The baskets are typically $60-75 in value. Please do not spend more than $75 out of your class fund on the baskets. Soliciting donations from area businesses is another way to fill your basket.
Guidelines for Room Parents
- Complete a Volunteer Release Form consenting to a criminal background check and sex offender registry screening. This is mandatory and is a requirement for all volunteers in the Berkley School District. If you will be volunteering or chaperoning on a field trip this school year, you must complete this form.
- Information or observations about individual children are to be kept strictly confidential.
- Correspondence should be sent out only AFTER being approved by the teacher
Guidelines for Classroom Parties
- Please keep in mind that Angell has food-free celebrations. Please refrain from providing any food or beverages during ANY classroom party or function. This also includes birthday celebrations, goodie bags, and items distributed for Valentine’s Day.
- Once the party details are finalized, review and obtain approval from the teacher
- Party should be limited to 1½ hours unless the teacher requests otherwise.
Guidelines for Teacher Gifts
- The PTA dedicates an entire week in early May for Teacher Appreciation. Please watch for info!
- Please refrain from buying group teacher gifts for the holidays.
Please keep all gifts to teachers to $50 or less.
Thank you very much for your time and dedication to our children!
Caitlyn Thrasher, PTA President, email@example.com
Vince Gigliotti, Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
PTA By-Laws & Minutes
Meeting Minutes 2019-20
Support the Angell PTA: Amazon Smile
Support the PTA by shopping with Amazon Smile
Visit the link below to sign up!
- Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Angell Elementary PTA whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Support your charitable organization by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com.
Support the PTA: Biggby Coffee Tuesdays
ANGELL COFFEE TUESDAYS at BIGGBY COFFEE
Angell Dad's Club in partnership with our local BIGGBY COFFEE are proud to launch-- ANGELL COFFEE TUESDAYS throughout the entire year of 2021. Only $5.00 for any hot, iced or frozen drinks!
*1.00 from every purchase goes back to ANGELL!
Support the PTA: Box Tops for Education
Clip Box Tops & Earn Money for Angell!
Collecting and donating Box Tops for Education is an easy way to help fund special school programs and buy special needed items for classrooms. In addition to donating Box Tops you may also register online at www.boxtops4education.com to earn extra points. Promotions to earn free BoxTops come up all the time, so please visit the website often. Lists of participating products and fun collections sheets can also be found on the website.
Here's how Box Tops works:
Find Box Tops on hundreds of products.
Clip Box Tops from each package.
Send the Box Tops to your school.
Box Tops are each worth 10¢ for your school.