We are excited to welcome your family to Building Blocks!
Berkley Building Blocks infant, toddler and preschool programs are the ground floor of the award-winning Berkley Schools. Our children are our future, and we believe it is our job as teachers to nurture each child as they grow, learn and develop.
Which childcare program is right for you?
- School Year: a schedule for students attending the full day program, following the Berkley School District Teachers Calendar from September - June.
- Year Round: a schedule for students attending the full day program, following the Year Round Calendar from July - June.
- Morning Preschool: a schedule for students attending the half-day program, following the Berkley School District Teachers Calendar from September-June.
- 9 Hour schedule: 7 am- 4 pm, or 8 am - 5 pm
- 11 Hour schedule: 7 am - 6 pm
- Half-day program classrooms meet 8:30 am-11:30 am on scheduled days.
Classroom age requirements:
- Infant classrooms: 6 weeks - 1 year olds
- Young Toddler classrooms: 1 year olds - 2 year olds
- Older Toddler classrooms: 2 year olds - 3 year olds (non-potty trained)
- Preschool classrooms: 3 year olds - 5 year olds (fully potty trained)
- Sunshine Club (morning preschool): 2 1/2 year olds - 4 year olds(fully potty trained)
- Ready-K (morning preschool): 4 year olds - 5 year olds
Infant room students follow a 5 day a week schedule. Young Toddler, Older Toddler and Preschool classroom students have an option to attend 2 days a week up to 5 days a week. Morning Preschool Sunshine Club meets Tuesday and Thursdays, Ready K meets Monday, Wednesday and Fridays.
Steps to Register:
- Email Vickie Roy or call 248-837-8900 to check availability
- Print or save the enrollment form listed below. Submit completed forms to Vickie Roy or Berkley Building Blocks (14700 W. Lincoln, Oak Park, MI 48237)
- Once payment is received, student is assigned to a classroom
Admission is on a first served basis. Upon receiving payment, a two day's notice is required before care will begin. When maximum enrollments are reached in the Building Blocks programs, names will be placed on a waiting list for the current school year. Enrollments are limited to the number for which the center is licensed. You will find the waiting list form below.
Upon notification of being accepted into the full day Childcare Building Blocks program, please complete the enrollment forms. Once Morning Preschool programs (Sunshine Club and Ready K) are filled we will begin a wait list, at which time you will be notified when availability occurs. Once forms are completed you can use the online application or print and return them along with the fees to the Berkley Building Blocks Office, 14700 W. Lincoln, Oak Park, MI 48237.
For questions please contact Vickie Roy at 248-837-8900, or email Vickie Roy.
2019-2020 School Year Application
Applications are available to be downloaded online for the Morning Preschool programs. Full day Childcare applications will be available soon. You can pick up packets at the Building Blocks main office or email your completed applications to Vickie Roy.
If you would like to be placed on the waiting list, or there are no openings available when you need care please fill out the form below then email to Vickie Roy. We will contact you when a spot becomes available.
Program Tuition Fees
Monthly tuition payments are to be made or mailed to: Berkley School District, 14501 Talbot, Oak Park, MI 48237 or left in the after-hours Drop Box located outside the Berkley Building Blocks office family entrance, 14700 W. Lincoln, Oak Park, MI 48237.
We accept payments with Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, checks or money orders made payable to Berkley School District, or cash. Contact Accounts Receivable at 248-837-8439 to make a charge card payment or with any questions regarding your account.