Berkley High School PTA
Parent involvement is critical to successful student achievement. Research shows that when families become involved in their child’s education, academic performance improves, attendance is better and students overall have a more positive attitude about school.
BHS PTA Presidents Welcome
Welcome to BHS PTA!
We’re so glad you’re here, and we’re eager to get the school year underway! This year, we will have fewer PTA meetings overall, but you can count on them to be brief, chockful of information from Student Leadership, Principal Andy Meloche and the various PTA committees. You’ll also hear current legislative updates so you can see what lawmakers in Lansing are considering that may impact our schools.
We hope you can make it to at least one of our meetings so you can hear firsthand from our new principal and learn about what will be going on at BHS throughout the year.
You’re invited to join us at any of our meetings:
- Wednesday, September 5th – Meet the New Principal and learn about BHS PTA
- Tuesday, October 16th – Learn about Caring & Sharing
- Tuesday, January 15th – Find out about Founders Day & Mini Grants for BHS Teachers
- Tuesday, March 19th – See what’s happening for Staff Appreciation
- Tuesday, April 16th – End of the year events and plans for next year
All BHS PTA meetings are all held in the BHS Collaborative Center and begin at 7:00 p.m.
The BHS PTA is supported entirely by membership fees and donations which enable us to provide and support an array of beneficial programs and services throughout the school year, including:
- BHS Resource Directory (yours FREE with membership)
- Caring & sharing program
- Staff appreciation luncheon
- Complimentary coffee at conferences
- Mini-grants to BHS teachers
- Operation Graduation support
- Refreshments at Honors Convocation
- Kleenex/tissue for classrooms
- Most Improved luncheon
Please join BHS PTA! Membership is $11 and each member gets a free BHS Resource Directory.
Please support us with a donation. Our budget is funded through a tax-deductible donation drive so that we don’t interfere with student, sports or booster club fundraisers. Fill out our donation form or pay online, below. Donations are also accepted at Meet the Teacher Night and at parent/teacher conferences. Return the completed form with payment to the BHS office or make your donation at the PTA table during Meet the Teacher Night or conferences.
As always, we appreciate your support in the coming year and hope to see you soon. Thank you!
Allison Hill and Conny Coon BHS PTA Co-Presidents 2018-19