College and Career Information
Xello: Career Research and Exploration Online Tool
- Student Log-in
- You have to be logged into your BRK Google account (not a parent or other personal Gmail account)
- Educator Log-in
Create your Educational Development Plan (EDP)!
An Educational Development Plan (EDP) is a document showing a student’s current interests, abilities, and career pathways. It is more comprehensive than a schedule of classes because it includes information a student can use to make wise choices about post-secondary options (what's next after high school).
Why do I need an EDP?
The State of Michigan requires that students must be given the opportunity to create an EDP beginning in the 7th grade and revises it appropriately throughout high school. An EDP is designed to assist students to identify career development goals as they relate to academic requirements, which may be fulfilled through career and technical education.
Say hello to Xello!
Xello is an all-new software that helps students create their very own, unique road map for future success-enabling them to discover their own personalized pathway through self-knowledge, exploration and planning. Built on a proven model for student success, Xello aligns to the Michigan Career Development Plans (EDP) and Talent Portfolios.
Students define their interests, skills, preferences, and aspirations so they can explore the opportunities right for them.
Students learn about career possibilities and educational pathways by exploring rich engaging content and lessons.
Create a Plan
Students create dynamic actionable plans that outline the steps needed to achieve school, career, and life goals.
Learn and Reassess
As students gain experience, knowledge, and skills, they can reassess and change their plans for the future.
College and Career Exploration
Exploring Your Options
- Youth Rules
- A resource for increasing awareness and understanding of rules and safety measures for young workers in today's environment
- My Future
- A resource that brings together the most recent information on post-secondary options - College, Career, or Military
- Big Future
- A resource from College Board to help students explore step-by-step pathways for students that fit their goals and aptitudes
- Path Finder
- An exploration of the "path" right for you with programs and resources from Michigan
- US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
- Student's Desk portion of page gives information on job growth, the economy, and offers several games and activities to help students learn their options
- Careers in the Military
- Explore and investigate the jobs and careers available across the varying branches of the military
- Best Trade Schools
- Get help navigating trade school and vocational school programs around the country based on location and/or interest in a skill.