Through the Career Center, students are able to access information about post secondary opportunities, including college, apprenticeships, employment, and training programs.
Please contact our Career Center Coordinator, Sheri Sienkiewicz, with any questions.
Xello: Career Research and Exploration online tool for BHS students!
- To log-in to Xello, use your BRK email and password
- Then, follow these instructions to complete your EDP!
What is an Educational Development Plan (EDP)?
An Educational Development Plan (EDP) is a document showing a student’s current interests, abilities, and career pathways. It is more comprehensive than a schedule of classes because it includes information a student can use to make wise choices about post-secondary options (what's next after high school).
Why have an EDP?
The State of Michigan requires that students must be given the opportunity to create an EDP beginning in the 7th grade and revises it appropriately throughout high school. An EDP is designed to assist students to identify career development goals as they relate to academic requirements, which may be fulfilled through career and technical education.
Say hello to Xello!
Xello is an all-new software that helps students create their very own, unique road map for future success-enabling them to discover their own personalized pathway through self-knowledge, exploration and planning. Built on a proven model for student success, Xello aligns to the Michigan Career Development Plans (EDP) and Talent Portfolios.
Create your EDP now! Just follow these instructions EDP Completion Instructions via Xello!
Students define their interests, skills, preferences, and aspirations so they can explore the opportunities right for them.
Students learn about career possibilities and educational pathways by exploring rich engaging content and lessons.
Create a Plan
Students create dynamic actionable plans that outline the steps needed to achieve school, career, and life goals.
Learn and Reassess
As students gain experience, knowledge, and skills, they can reassess and change their plans for the future.
For more information from Xello, click here!
Information on Alternatives to College
- Military Information
- Joining the Military
- Army Stars Lab:
- Chemistry and anatomy resource linked to apps for learning about the periodic table, octet rule, bonding and skeletal system (also has games).
- March 2 Success:
- A free interactive 24/7 online study program designed to prepare students for standardized tests, improve school work and for review.
- Online test preparation and practice exams include: SAT/ACT, State assessment testing MCAT/DAT/PAX/TEAS/ and PSB/RN, STEM subjects, Health and Wellness/College Prep.
- Careers in the Military:
- Explore/investigate job and career opportunities across the branches of the military.
- Army Career Navigator:
- Explore/investigate career/college paths specific to the Army.
Career exploration tool for careers.
- Apprenticeship Information in Michigan
- Contact information to get connected with Apprenticeship
- Construction Apprenticeships in Michigan
- MUST Construction Apprenticeships