Home of the Bears
A parent/guardian or 18 year old student must complete the registration process prior to trying out for any sport during the 2022-23 school year. The registration process must also be completed prior to the first official day of practice.
Please read the MHSAA Physicals tab, below, for detailed instructions.
- ATHLETIC RESOURCE FEE (ARF)
- All students who wish to participate during the 2022-23 school year must fill out the ARF form prior to the first day of tryouts/practice. Fill out this Athletic Resource Fee Form to start the process.
- Athletic Resource Fees will be paid online via MISTAR Parent Portal. Special arrangements can be made with the Athletics Secretary for those that wish to pay with cash or check. Fees will not be assessed to MISTAR accounts until after tryouts and a final roster is chosen.
- NOTE: In addition to the Athletic Resource Fee, all outstanding Athletic fees and team expenses from previous seasons/years must be paid in full prior to participation.
- NEW* Berkley Athletics Handbook
- The Berkley Athletics Handbook is an information document for parents/guardians interested in more information. In this document, you will find information about physicals, athletic resource fee's, how to help support our coaches and programs, as well as other essential information.
MHSAA Sports Physicals
All students who wish to participate in high school or middle school athletics during the 2022-23 school year, must submit a MHSAA Pre-Participation Physical and Medical History form prior to the first day of tryouts/practice.
Upload and Submit Physical Here! Pre-Participation Physical Google form.
Sports physicals can be performed at one of the following facilities:
Berkley Urgent Care (walk in, no appointment needed)
3270 Greenfield Rd.
Berkley, MI 48072
Michigan Physicians Group (appointment needed)
2905 W. 12 Mile Rd.
Berkley, MI 48072
High School Sports Offered
Boys/Girls Cross Country, Football, Girls Golf, Sideline Cheer, Boys Soccer, Girls Swimming/Diving, Boys Tennis, Volleyball
Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Competitive Cheerleading, Ice Hockey, Boys/Girls Competitive Skiing, Boys Swimming/Diving, Wrestling
Baseball, Boys Golf, Girls Soccer, Softball, Girls Tennis, Boys/Girls Track & Field, Boys/Girls Lacrosse
Registration Dates (Fall 2022-23)
- No more than one failing grade during the previous semester
- Have and maintain a GPA of 1.50 or higher from the previous semester
Volunteering, Volunteer Driving & Chaperone Responsibilities
Parents are encourage to volunteer in classrooms, chaperone field trips, and be a volunteer driver. In order to volunteer, all parents volunteering in the classroom or during school sponsored functions or field trip must complete the Volunteer Release Form prior to any activities. Parents driving or chaperoning a field trip must have the Volunteer Driver Form and Chaperone Responsibility Form completed in addition to the Volunteer Release Form.
All forms can be found on the District Volunteer/Chaperone page.