Home of the Bears
A parent/guardian or 18 year old student must complete the registration process prior to trying out for any sport during the school year. The registration process must also be completed prior to the first official day of practice.
We are very excited to announce that the Berkley Schools Athletic Department has partnered with FinalForms, an online forms and data management service. FinalForms allows you to complete and sign athletic participation forms for your students. The most exciting news is that FinalForms saves data from season-to-season and year-to-year, meaning that you will never need to enter the same information twice! FinalForms also pre-populates information wherever possible, for each of your students, saving you time.
You may review your data at any time to verify it is current. You will be required to sign your forms once per year and after any update.
If you require any support during the process, scroll to the page bottom-right and click “Get Help”.
We are asking that ALL parents of athletes use FinalForms.
Please register on the Final Forms website and follow the prompts to create your account, create your students and sign your forms.
Please read the MHSAA Physicals tab, below, for detailed instructions.
- ATHLETIC RESOURCE FEE (ARF)
- Athletic Resource Fees will be paid online via MISTAR Parent Portal. Special arrangements can be made with the Athletics Secretary for those that wish to pay with cash or check. Fees will not be assessed to MISTAR accounts until after tryouts and a final roster is chosen.
- NOTE: In addition to the Athletic Resource Fee, all outstanding Athletic fees and team expenses from previous seasons/years must be paid in full prior to participation.
- NEW* Berkley Athletics Handbook
- The Berkley Athletics Handbook is an information document for parents/guardians interested in more information. In this document, you will find information about physicals, athletic resource fee's, how to help support our coaches and programs, as well as other essential information.
- The Coaches Handbook is an information document for coaches. This document outlines the expectations, policies, and procedures of being a coach, as well as the timeline of information needed for the athletic department.
MHSAA Sports Physicals
All students who wish to participate in high school or middle school athletics during the 2023-24 school year, must submit a MHSAA Pre-Participation Physical and Medical History form prior to the first day of tryouts/practice via FINALFORMS
Sports physicals can be performed at one of the following facilities:
Berkley Urgent Care (walk in, no appointment needed)
3270 Greenfield Rd.
Berkley, MI 48072
Michigan Physicians Group (appointment needed)
2905 W. 12 Mile Rd.
Berkley, MI 48072
High School Sports Offered
Boys/Girls Cross Country, Football, Girls Golf, Sideline Cheer, Boys Soccer, Girls Swimming/Diving, Boys Tennis, Volleyball
Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Competitive Cheerleading, Ice Hockey, Boys/Girls Competitive Skiing, Boys Swimming/Diving, Wrestling
Baseball, Boys Golf, Girls Soccer, Softball, Girls Tennis, Boys/Girls Track & Field, Boys/Girls Lacrosse
Registration Dates (Fall 2023-24)
- No more than one failing grade during the previous semester
- Have and maintain a GPA of 1.50 or higher from the previous semester
Volunteering, Volunteer Driving & Chaperone Responsibilities
Parents are encouraged to volunteer in classrooms, chaperone field trips, and be a volunteer driver. In order to volunteer, all parents volunteering in the classroom or during school sponsored functions or field trip must complete the Volunteer Release Form prior to any activities. Parents driving or chaperoning a field trip must have the Volunteer Driver Form and Chaperone Responsibility Form completed in addition to the Volunteer Release Form.
All forms can be found on the District Volunteer/Chaperone page.