Points of Pride
We are very proud of:
1. AdvancED Accreditation
2. Grade of “B” on State of Michigan Ed YES Report Grade
3. Culture of Thinking – Staff Participation in Oakland Schools Leadership Cohorts for Building a Culture of Thinking in summers of 2012 and 13. Implementation of Thinking Routines in classrooms and goal of becoming a Visible Thinking School.
4. Highly engaged and supportive PTA responsible for various events and support of school programs (Septemberfair, Family Dance, Book Fairs, etc.) Various volunteer opportunities for parents such as classroom volunteers, media center support, field trip chaperones, materials support, etc.
5. Continued School Improvement through the PLC Process focused on academic achievement of students (Reading, Writing and Math Action Teams)
6. Enrichment & Leadership Opportunities for students through Safety and Service Squad, Rogers Network News, Class Buddies, School Green Team, School Store, Math Pentathlon, Literature Circles, 5th Grade Camp and much more.
7. Extra Support for students provided by Learning Specialist & Support Staff (Skill groups, Opportunity Club during lunch, After School Math Club, Super Summer Success Reading program, Friendship Groups, Special Education Services)
8. RTI Process & Data Analysis with Building Intervention Assistance Team (Administration, Learning Specialist, Support teachers and Special Ed Staff)
9. Achievement of Michigan Evergreen School status through dedication to recycling and protection of the environment (paper, cardboard & plastics recycling, drink pouches, plastic bags, etc.)
10. Rogers Outdoor Classroom & Garden
11. Implementation of PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports) focused on Safety, Respect and Responsibility
12. Philanthropic efforts including Caring & Sharing, St. Jude’s Research Hospital Math-A-Thon, Relay for Life, Outreach to Oxford Towers Senior Center, Holiday Cards for the Troops, Berkley Educational Foundation, 5th grade Class Gift
13. Commitment to Workshop Model for Classroom Instruction - Reading, Writing and Math
14. Access to technology – Installation of SMART projectors in all classrooms in 2013, newly updated Innovation Lab in 2012, Accelerated Reader program, mobile iPad cart, iPad in every classroom.
15. Literacy-Rich Environment - Media Center & full-time Media Specialist, Battle of the Books, Leveled Book Room, Classroom Libraries, Book Swap (PTA) and RAH – Read At Home program.