Looking for some help with grades or classes?
This is a starting point of things to try. There are a lot of resources out there and it is easy to get overwhelmed by everything that is available. Effective study and organizational strategies depend the individual student.
Need a Tutor?
Berkley NHS Tutors
BHS National Honor Society (NHS) provides free tutoring to BHS students. Ask your teacher for some names of NHS tutors. The teacher will also give you the tutors contact information and you can text, email them to set up a time for tutoring!
Bloomfield Hills High School has created a comprehensive list of adult tutors available in a variety of subjects.
The Tutoring Center in Birmingham
MALLY ACT in West Bloomfield
Students practice at their own pace, first filling in gaps in their understanding and then accelerating their learning. Created by experts, Khan Academy’s library of trusted, standards-aligned practice and lessons covers math K-12 through early college, grammar, science, history, AP®, SAT®, and more. It’s all free for learners.
Start with your Email + Chrome Browser
Organize your Gmail (and check it often!)
Bookmark websites you use often
Too many tabs open?
Toby Chrome Extension
OneTab Chrome Extension
Whenever you find yourself with too many tabs, click the OneTab icon to convert all of your tabs into a list. Add it here!
Got Missing Assignments?
How do you keep track of your Assignments?
Write in my Planner
App on my Phone
- Enter and organize classes
- Organize homework
- Get homework help
- List due dates
- Manage all of your homework, projects, quizzes, and tests from all of your classes in one place
- Never forget an assignment with daily reminders about what's due the next day
- Add notes to remember group members or assignment details
- Easily sort by class, due date, and completion.
The Homework App
- Add sub-tasks, a convenient way to organize projects and tasks that have multiple steps
- Color code your subjects!
- Dashboard to see what's up
- Pictures say 1000 words, take a photo and attach it to your task
- Add your instructor's details so you can stay in the loop
- In-app calendar, see your tasks on a daily, monthly or yearly basis
- Make sure you don't forget your homework with reminders
- Get help with your homework
MyHomework Student Planner
- Track assignments, projects, tests and more...
- Track classes
- Receive due date reminders
- Sync between devices
- Upcoming homework widgets
My Study Life
- Sync data across devices
How to Study + Complete Homework
Make a Schedule
Weekly After School Schedule template
Try the "Get Ready, Do, Done" system!
Don't want to use a giant board? Try this worksheet!
Use an Analog Clock for Time Management
- Make sure you understand how to read an analog clock (or watch this video!)
- You will need an analog clock with a glass face and a dry erase marker.
- When you sit down to do your work, shade in the time on the clock that you will need to complete your assignment. As the minute hand moves, you will have a clear visual of how much time has passed and how much time you have left.
Add the "Thinking Time Tracker" Chrome Extension
This is a digital version of the analog clock strategy. Add it here!
Try the "Forest: stay focused, be present" Chrome Extension
This blocks certain websites from being used during work time Add it here!
Plan for the End of Semester Projects
Final Projects Snapshot template
Final Project Plan template
Grade Calculator + Grading Scale
Final Grade Calculator
BHS Grading Scale
A = 94-100% A- = 90-93% B+ = 87-89%
B = 83-86% B- = 80-82% C+ = 77-79%
C = 73-76% C- = 70-72% D+ = 67-69%
D =63-66% D- = 60-62% E = 59-0%
College Majors 101: STEM fields 10:30 AM to 11:30 AMCollege Majors 101: STEM fieldsDate: Apr 20Time: 10:30 AM to 11:30 AMCalendar: BHS Counseling Department Calendar