The mission of Pattengill Elementary School is to ensure that students learn to be successful, responsible citizens.
- Students will demonstrate science process skills and conceptual understanding.
- Students will effectively use math problem solving skills.
- When students leave elementary school, they will be able to communicate effectively in writing.
- Students will use multimedia programs and the internet as educational tools and to demonstrate learning.
- Students will apply social studies skills to their every day lives.
- Students will have opportunities to work at their individual levels using differentiated instruction.
Points of Pride
- Our teaching staff spends long hours planning lessons, talking with parents, and coordinating and enhancing our yearly program.
- Pattengill parents and the P.T.A. do so much to support learning for their children and for the entire Pattengill community.
- Our students and staff utilize technology to enhance and expand learning.
- Our support staff cares deeply for children, and they continuously share their talents to make Pattengill a special school.
- Our school earned N.C.A. accreditation and State Exemplary School status.
- Our upper elementary students perform well on the state M.E.A.P. tests.
Students and staff abide by the following three rules:
- We work hard.
- We are safe.
- We are kind and respectful.