Back to School Information (Supply Lists)
School Supplies 2023-24
Picture Day Information
Picture Day is Tuesday, October 2nd, 2023! Smile!
- Order your picture packages online from Kaiser Studio (Required on-line code will be available in the Back to School Packet).
- If you do not have the ability to pay online with a credit card, a printable order form is available in the school office.
Picture Re-takes, Group Photos, and Candid photos will be Tuesday, 11/10/2023. We expect re-take photos prior to the Thanksgiving Holiday.
Read by Grade Three Law
Read by Grade Three Law - What you need to know
In 2016, the Michigan Legislature passed the Read by Grade Three Law in an effort to ensure that students exit 3rd grade reading at or above grade level. The law will impact the 2017/2018 transitional kindergarten (TK), kindergarten, and 1st grade students by the time they are in 3rd grade. In accordance with this law, we will continue to conduct reading assessments with TK – 3rd grade students. These assessments will identify students who need intensive reading instruction and intervention and will also provide useful information to help teachers tailor instruction to meet individual student needs.
Visit the District's Curriculum page to see a letter from Scott Francis, Director of Curriculum, Technology, Assessment and Grants, DIBELS, NWEA, and PELI facts for parents, a Parent Guide to Public Act 306 and the District's Read at Home Plan for Student Success.
Student Health and Medication
Find medication forms and learn more about staying healthy on the Student Health & Medication section on the District's Parent page.
Traffic Pattern & Guidelines
Berkley Public Safety updated the traffic patterns and guidelines around our schools. These changes are part of a larger traffic safety plan and allow public safety quick access to our buildings at all times. Please take the time to review the changes to our new traffic pattern including new designated pick up and drop-off zones, and review the full Pattengill Traffic Pattern document with a map.
- Curbside drop-off & pickup will take place opposite school grounds, on the resident/house side of the street
- Drop-off, pickup, parking, stopping, and standing around the perimeter of Pattengill is not permitted to allow public safety quick access to buildings in case of emergency
- Students will cross at the designated crosswalks at the corner of Oakshire & Morrison and Morrison & Royal
- Students should exit cars on the resident/house side of Oakshire, Morrison and Royal, walk to the corner, and cross with a crossing guard. Students should exit onto the curb, not into the street.
- Caregivers are encouraged to park and walk with their child to school
- Parking is allowed opposite school grounds any time of day
- Pattengill staff parking lot is reserved for staff only, and is not a drop-off/pick up zone
- Berkley Public Safety will be enforcing the traffic rules
Parents are encouraged to volunteer in classrooms, chaperone field trips, or be volunteer drivers. In order to volunteer, all parents volunteering in the classroom, during school-sponsored functions or a field trips, must complete the Volunteer Release Form prior to any activities. Parents driving or chaperoning a field trip must also complete the Volunteer Driver Form and Chaperone Responsibility Form in addition to the Volunteer Release Form. All forms can be found on the District Volunteer/Chaperone page.