Internal School Transfers

The Berkley School District has an option for students to attend any Berkley school out of their normal attendance area (District "home school") as long as the receiving school has the space to accommodate the transfer.  Mid-year transfers are not permissible.

Current Students

Students who are currently enrolled in the Berkley School District who are considering changing schools for the following school year must submit an Internal School Transfer Request.

Requests for an internal school transfer must be received by February 16, 2024. Families who fill out the form will receive notification from the Enrollment Office of the status of their request by March 22, 2024. 


New Students

Families with a new Berkley Schools student who would like their child to attend a school out of the family's assigned attendance area must complete two steps:

  1. Fill out the online enrollment application
  2. Once the online enrollment application is complete, contact the Central Enrollment Office at 248-837-8026 to receive an Internal Transfer Form. The form must be completed and turned in by February 16, 2024 for the request to be considered.

Central Enrollment Office

Administrative Offices
14501 Talbot
Oak Park, MI 48237

Phone: 248.837.8026
Email Us